Cross-border collaboration between various health organisations is intended to bring about more unity in dealing with preventative and curative health care in the EMR. Initially this will benefit the health of the Euroregional population, but it will also promote the exchange of workers between the sub-regions. This will allow the sub-region’s care and welfare sectors to coordinate the supply and demand for professionals better.
Work territory: the Euregion Meuse-Rhine
The euPrevent | EMR Foundation conforms closely with the policy and objectives of the Euregion Meuse-Rhine Foundation, the participants of which are five EMR sub-regions:
• the Flemish province Limburg
• the Walloon province Liege
• the German-speaking community
• the western part of the Regierungsbezirk Köln (North Rhine-Westphalia area).
In the Netherlands:
• the southern part of the province Limburg
The Euregion Meuse-Rhine stretches across the borders of three countries and three languages. German, French and Dutch are spoken in the region. Each of the five sub-regions have their own rules and views on how to organise health care and the prevention of disease. The population of 3.2 million is relatively homogeneous in terms of age distribution, social-economic situation, life-style and health profile. As a result the EMR can develop into a European laboratory for cross-border prevention and care innovation.
In view of the euroregional point of departure of the euPrevent | EMR Foundation, its management is comprised of persons from the entire Euregion Meuse-Rhine. Board members have a thorough knowledge of the health topics that are covered by the programmes of euPrevent. They also have influence in the field. The foundation’s board is comprised of the following persons:
• Mr Karl-Heinz Feldhoff, Director Gesundheidsamt Heinsberg (D), chair
• Mr Helmut Brand, Professor of European Public Health, UM (NL), secretary
• Mr Fons Bovens, Director GGD South Limburg (NL), treasurer
• Mr Hanno Kehren, Chair of Aachen region (D)
• Mr Antonios Antoniadis, Minister of the government of German-speaking communities in Belgium (Eupen area)
• Ms Katty Firquet, Representative of province Liege (B)
• Ms Elfriede Riesinger, Director NÖGUS (AT)
Brigitte van der Zanden
Tel.: +31 6 36062039
Stichting euPrevent | EMR
P.O. Box 2022
6160 HA Geleen
The euPrevent | EMR Foundation is registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Maastricht under number 50357468. The name euPrevent and its logo are registered and protected in the European Union.